What are cookies?
A "cookie" is a small piece of information which is stored on your browser when you visit a website. They recognise your device as you move between pages and can be used from maintaining secure logins to remembering you when you next visit the website. Certain cookies are owned by the website you are viewing (first-party cookies) and others are supplied by an independent company (third-party cookies).
Meeting EU legislation on cookies
How to change your cookie settings
The cookies that have been set up will still be active so if you need to change these, you can do so from your web browser settings. To find out how to do this, visit allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
If you choose to delete your cookies, it's important that you know that we will no longer recognise your preferences.
Where and how we use them:
These cookies are used on our portal sites. If you access one of our secure sites through your company plan, you will have to ensure that cookies are enabled to allow these sites to work. If you do not enable cookies then you will not be able to use our portal sites. In this situation, if you have a query about your product then please contact Cigna through your contact email address or telephone number. The cookies used on our portal sites are:
- Java Session Cookie
- Aegis User Cookie
- Aegis Active Roles Cookie
- Aegis Available Roles Cookie
These cookies are necessary and allow us to improve your journey and experience on our site. This information is aggregated and anonymous and provides us with key statistics on how customers are interacting with our site. This includes:
- Helping us to improve website performance.
- Helping you find the products and information you want.
- Trialling new content and ensuring consistency across the site.
Performance – first-party
|__utma||2 years||Google Analytics. To identify unique visitors to our site. Each unique browser that visits a page on our site is provided with a unique ID through the __utma cookie.|
|__utmb||30 mins of inactivity||
|__utmz||6 months||Google Analytics. To track traffic sources and navigation. When visitors reach our site by a search engine result, a direct link, or an ad that links to our page, Google Analytics stores the type of referral information in a cookie.|
- We do not use functional and targeting cookies. However, we think it's important that you know what they do and how they are categorised.
These cookies are optional and allow us to remember your website settings. These include:
- Remembering your preferences on the site.
- Allowing chat support.
These cookies are optional and are used to personalise adverts based on your browsing experience. This includes:
- Running campaigns that are relevant to you.
- Monitoring how often you see adverts so you don't get shown the same advert twice.
- Measuring how marketing campaigns have performed.
More information about cookies